WHAT WE DO:
We are on a mission to revolutionise education!
We deliver effective, evidence based programmes to support young people from low-income and BAME backgrounds to reach their full potential. At our core is a belief in the absolute importance of social mobility and a knowledge that young people are the solution to many of our society’s challenges, not the problem!
Our programmes fit into two thematic areas – Relationships & Wellbeing and Careers & leadership. We equip young people with the knowledge and tools they need to be leaders in their own lives, schools and communities.
- - Children from state schools are 30% less likely to attend the best universities, irrespective of academic attainment (Sutton Trust).
- - Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) is inadequate in 40% of state schools (Ofsted)
- - 7% of UK students attend independent schools, but the privately educated account for 50% of top-level roles in most professions (Sutton Trust).
- - Better educational outcomes for poorer children, would increase GDP by £56bn per year by 2050 (Fair Education Alliance).
- - Improving ca reer progression for ethnic minorities would add £24bn to the UK economy annually (McGregor review)
- - A lawyer, looking for an exciting social sector organisation to share your skills and expertise with?
- - Passionate about social and community development, but committed fulltime to your career?
- - Willing to spare a few hours a month helping to grow and develop our social impact & business model?
We are looking for a legal professional, keen to share their skills, knowledge, networks and expertise with our team to help us grow, learn and develop. We are particularly interested in hearing form individuals who can connect with the challenges presented by coming from BAME and or low income backgrounds,
Passion and commitment are at the top of our wish list, but we are also looking for expertise in the following areas;
- - HR law
- - Business Development
- - Contract law
- - Charity law
WHO’S ALREADY IN?
We currently have some exceptional minds on our advisory board, including passionate professionals working within education and some the largest companies in the country including: Google, Aviva and Barclays. We’re hoping to expand our network with like-minded individuals who complement the skills, talents and drive of our existing team.
We are in the process of restructuring our board, it is therefore difficult to specify the exact commitment required from our members. However, we endeavour to be flexible and do expect involvement to range from one hour to one day per month. At this stage in the board’s development, we simply seek your interest and enthusiasm!
In the coming months as we seek to obtain charity status we hope some of our advisory board members will progress into more formal roles as directors and trustees.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN US?
If you would like to register your interest in working with us, please email us brief responses to the following questions;
- - What attracted you to the prospect of joining the Beyond the Classroom board?
- - What do you hope to gain from this opportunity?
- - What skills and expertise would you like to offer?
We'd be most grateful if you could also attach a recent CV to your email.
Thanks again for your interest in working with us, we look forward to hearing from you soon.